APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2024 ARE NOW OPEN.
Undergraduate preparation for admission entails a B.A. or B.S. degree from a fully accredited academic institution. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess academic potential for graduate study. Additionally, applicants must meet the general admissions requirements of the UCI Graduate Division. Selection for admission will be based on the following criteria:
- A Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate academic course work;
- Three confidential letters of recommendation;
- A Statement of Purpose (describing the applicant’s goals in seeking the Master’s degree and academic/research background and interests);
- A Personal History Statement (describing the applicant's personal background. Only required for U.S. citizens and legal permanent U.S. residents)
- A resume or CV (noting relevant work/academic experiences).
Please note that the GRE is not required for MLFP applicants.
Once you have completed your online application and provided all materials listed above, the Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your packet. You are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure your space in the program.
Information for out-of-state students learning online:
State authorization is a regulation of the U.S. Department of Education that requires institutions offering distance education courses to be authorized by each state in which the institution enrolls students (if such authorization is required by the state). Each state has a different set of requirements when it comes to allowing out-of-state universities to offer online graduate degree programs to its residents.
To learn more about UCI online courses in your state of residence, please visit the UCI State Authorization for Online Programs page.
How To Apply:
Applications must be submitted online through the UCI Graduate Division admissions page.
Step 1. Online Application, Statement of Purpose, and Personal History Statement
Fill out the online application. Under the degree section, please select the Master of Legal and Forensic Psychology option from the drop-down menu in the School of Social Ecology. Please note that the Statement of Purpose and the Personal History Statement are part of the online application, so please do not send separate writing samples.
Step 2. Application Fee
Step 3. Three Letters of Recommendation
Step 4. Transcripts
- Upload both the FRONT and the BACK side of the transcript.
- Uploaded transcripts should be recent and include the following:
- your name, dates of attendance, grades/marks received, credits and grading legend.
- DO NOT send official transcripts until they are requested.
Step 5. Resume
Upload your resume.