Undergraduate preparation for admission entails a B.A. or B.S. degree from a fully accredited academic institution. Applicants must demonstrate that they possess academic potential for graduate study. Additionally, applicants must meet the general admissions requirements of the UCI Graduate Division. Selection for admission will be based on the following criteria:
- A Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 in undergraduate academic course work;
- Three confidential letters of recommendation;
- A Statement of Purpose (describing the applicant’s goals in seeking the Master’s degree and academic/research background and interests);
- A Personal History Statement (describing the applicant's personal background. Only required for U.S. citizens and legal permanent U.S. residents)
- A resume (noting relevant work/academic experiences).
Please note that the GRE is not required for MLFP applicants.
Once you have completed your online application and provided all materials listed above, the Admissions Committee will begin reviewing your packet. You are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure your space in the program.
Step 1. Fill out the online application. Under the degree section, please select the Master of Legal and Forensic Psychology option from the drop-down menu in the School of Social Ecology. Please note that the Statement of Purpose and the Personal History Statement are part of the online application, so please do not send separate writing samples.
- Upload both the FRONT and the BACK side of the transcript.
- Uploaded transcripts should be recent and include the following:
- your name, dates of attendance, grades/marks received, credits and grading legend.
- DO NOT seend official transcripts until they are requested.
Step 5. Upload your resume.